Kishore Rungta Vs. State of Rajasthan & Ors.
Important question of law, having far reaching consequences – No finding given by Division Bench, High Court – Appeal filed and pending before Apex Court for 5 years – Meanwhile many interlocutory applications filed. Held, matter is remanded to High Court for giving specific findings. Interlocutory Applications are disposed off as not pressed for expedious disposal except applications for impleadment of ‘KM’ and Tonk District Cricket Association which are allowed. High Court requested to dispose of the appeal within six months after hearing appellant-K and respondent nos.1 to 7. All questions of law kept open.
1. This appeal arises from the judgment of the Rajasthan High Court dated 20.12.2004 passed in Writ Petition No.6090 of 2004.
2. This appeal raises important questions of law.
3. We have carefully examined the impugned judgment of the Division Bench of the Rajasthan High Court. The Division Bench of the High Court has noticed the contentions raised by the parties and the judgments cited at the Bar. The Court, after noticing those questions of law and judgments, have not given its findings. We do not have the benefit of the findings of the High Court.
4. In this view of the matter, we are constrained to set aside the impugned judgment passed by the Division Bench of the High Court and remand the matter to the High Court for giving specific findings on the issues raised or may be canvassed by the learned counsel for the parties before the High Court.
5. During the pendency of this appeal, number of Interlocutory Applications have been filed. For ensuring the expeditious disposal of the matter, we deem it appropriate to dispose of all those applications as not pressed, except applications for impleadment of Kamal Morarka and Tonk District Cricket Association with liberty to the parties to file any application for any interim relief, if it is so advised.
6. This appeal has been pending for over five years. Apart from that, the issues raised in this appeal have far reaching implications. Therefore, we request the Hon’ble Chief Justice of the High Court to ensure that this appeal is disposed of at an early date, in any event, within six months from the date of communication of this order. Applications for impleadment of Kamal Morarka and Tonk District Cricket Association are allowed and these applicants are impleaded as respondent nos.6 and 7 respectively. We request the High Court to hear the appellant-Kishore Rungta and respondent nos.1 to 7 herein and pass appropriate orders, in accordance with law.
7. All questions of law raised are kept open.
8. The Civil Appeal is disposed of accordingly, leaving the parties to bear their respective costs.