KALAKSHETRA FOUNDATION ACT 1993
THE KALAKSHETRA FOUNDATION ACT, 1993
ACT No. 6 OF 1994
An Act to declare Kalakshetra of Madras to be an institution ofnational importance to provide for the establishment and incorporation of aFoundation for its administration, to make provisions for further developmentof Kalakshetra in accordance with the aims and objects for which Kalakshetrawas founded and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto
BE it enacted by Parliament inthe forty–fourth year of the Republicof India as follows; –
1.Short title and commencement:(1) This Act may be called theKalakshetra Foundation Act, 1993.
(2) It shall be deemed to havecome into force on the 26th Day of September, 1993.
2.Declaration of Kalakshetra asan institution of national importance: Whereas the objects of the institution, known asKalakshetra at Adyar, Madras in the State of Tamil Nadu, founded by the LateThirumathi Rukmini Devi Arundale, are such as to make the institution one ofthe national importance, it is hereby declared that the institution known asKalakshetra is an institution of national importance.
3.Definitions:In this Act, unless the contextotherwise requires; –
(a) "AcademicCommittee" means the Academic Committee constituted under section 15;
(b) " Appointed day,"means the date on which the Foundation of established under sub–section(1) of section 8;
(c) "Board ofTrustees" means the Board of Trustees managing the affairs of Kalakshetraunder the scheme writ approved by the Madras High Court in petition No.716 of1985;
(d)"Constitutedunits" means the units of Kalakshetra specified in the First Schedule;
(e) "Director " meansthe Director appointed under sub–section (1) of section 19;
(f) "FinanceCommittee" means the Finance Committee constituted under sub–section(1) of section 17;
(g)"Foundation "means the Finance Committee constituted under sub–section (1) of section8;
(h)"Fund" means theFund of the Foundation referred to in section 22;
(i) "Governing Board"means the Governing Board constituted under section 11;
(j)"Kalakshetra"means the institution known as Kalakshetra founded by the late ThirumathiRukmini Devi Arundale, situated at Adyar, Madras, and includes a constituentunits;
(k) "notification"means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(l) "Member Means a Memberof the Governing Board and includes the Chairperson thereof;
(m) "prescribed meansprescribed by rules made under this Act;
(n)"Regulation "means regulation made under section 32;
(o) "Schedule means aSchedule annexed to this Act;
(p) "StateGovernment" means the Government of Tamil Nadu.
ACQUISITION AND TRANSFER OF THE ASSETS AND PROPERTIES OFKALAKSHETRA
4.Transfer to, and vesting in,the Central Government of the assets and properties of Kalakshetra: On the Commencement of thisact, the right, title and interest in relation to the assets and properties ofKalakshetra specified in the Second Schedule and vested in the Board ofTrustees or any other Body, in whatever capacity, shall stand transferred to,and vest in, the Central Government.
5.General effect of vesting: (1) The right, title, andinterest, vested in the Central Government under section 4, shall be deemed toinclude all the assets right, leaseholds, powers, authorities, licences andprivileges, all property (movable and immovable) including lands and buildings;musical instruments; equipments used in teaching, training and staging ofperforming arts, books, stationary, furniture and other equipments used inlibraries and laboratories; works of art and artefacts; stores, automobiles andother vehicles, workshops, cash balances, fund including reserve funds,investments and all other rights and interests arising out of such assets and propertiesas were, immediately before the commencement of this Act in this possessionownership power or control of the Board of Trustees or any other body, inwhatever capacity, and all books of account, registers, maps, plans and allother documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(2) All assets and propertiesas aforesaid which have vested in the Central Government under section 4, shallby force of such vesting, be freed and from any trust, obligation, mortgage,charge, lien and all other encumbrances affecting them or of any attachment,injunction, decree or order of any court or other authority restricting the useof such assets or properties in any manner, or appointing any receiver inrespect of the whole or any part of such assets and properties shall be deemedto have been withdrawn.
(3) Any permission, authority,concession, facility, privilege affiliation or any other instrument of similarnature granted to the Board of Trustees or any other body, in whatevercapacity, in relation to the assets and properties of Kalakshetra or any of itconstituent units which has vested in the Central Government under section 4,at any time before the commencement, shall continue to be in force on and aftersuch commencement, shall continue to be in force on and after such commencementin accordance with its tenor in relation to, and for purposes of, such assetsand properties, or where the direction under section 6 has been issued, theFoundation shall be deemed to be substituted in such in licence, permission,authority, concession, facility, privilege, affiliation or other instrument, asif had been granted to the foundation and the Foundation shall hold it for theremainder of the period for which the Board of Trustees or any other body, inwhatever, capacity, would have held it under the terms thereof.
(4) If, on commencement of thisAct, any suit, appeal or other proceeding of whatever nature in relation to anyassets or properties which have vested in the Central Government under section4, instituted or preferred by the Board of Trustees is pending, the same shallnot of such transfer and vesting, or of anything contained in this Act, but thesuit, appeal or other proceeding may be continued, prosecuted or enforced, bythe Central Government or where the right, title and interest in relation tosuch assets and properties are directed under section 6 to vest in theFoundation, by the Foundation.
6.Central Government to directvesting of assets and properties in the Foundation:(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 4and 5, the Central Government shall direct, by notification that the right,title and interest in relation to the assets and properties of Kalakshetra,which had vested in under section 4, shall vest in the Foundation on such date,not being a date earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, as may bespecified in the notification.
(2) On and from the date ofvesting of the right, title and interest in relation to the assets andproperties of Kalakshetra in the Foundation under sub–section (1); –
(a)The Foundation shall bedeemed to have been the owner of the assets and properties; and
(b) the rights and liabilitiesof the Central Government, in relation to such assets and properties shall bedeemed to have become the rights, and liabilities respectively of theFoundation.
7.Duty of persons to deliverand to account for assets, properties etc: (1) On the Vesting in the Central Government of theassets and properties of Kalakshetra, all persons in charge of the managementof the said assets and properties immediately before the date of such vesting,shall be bound to deliver to the central Government or to the Foundation or tosuch persons or body of persons as the Central Government or the Foundation mayspecify in this behalf, all assets, properties, books of account, registers ofother documents, in their custody relating to the assets and properties ofKalakshetra.
(2) Every person who has, inhis possession or control any assets, properties, books, documents, or otherpapers relating to Kalakshetra which have vested in the Central Government orthe Foundation under this Act, and which being to Kalakshetra or would have sobelonged if Kalakshetra had not vested in the Central Government or theFoundation, shall be liable to account for the said assets, properties books,documents and other papers to the central Government or the Foundation as thecase may be, and shall deliver them up to the Central Government or theFoundation or to such persons or body of persons as the Central Government orthe Foundation may specify in this behalf.
(3) The central Governmentshall take or cause to be taken all necessary steps for securing possession ofassets and properties of Kalakshetra which have vested it under section 4.
8.Establishment andincorporation of foundation: (1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, bynotification, appoint in this behalf there shall be established as a Foundationto be called the Kalakshetra Foundation.
(2) The Foundation shall be abody corporate by the name aforesaid, have perpetual succession and a commonseal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable andimmovable, and to contract and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
(3) The office of theFoundation shall be located at Thiruvanmiyur, Madras.
9.The objects of foundation: The Objects of the Foundationshall be; –
(i) To emphasise the essentialunity of all true arts;
(ii) to work for therecognition of the arts as vital to the individual, national and internationalgrowth;
(iii)to maintain the highesttraditions of art and culture in their pristine purity and in conformity withtraditions;
(iv) to arrange for thetraining, research, study, teaching and development of art and science, music,dance–drama, fine arts and Bharat–Natyam ; and
(v) to ensure that theprinciples of ‘education without fear" and "art without vulgarity’are adhered to in the activities of the Foundation and not to permit anydeviation from these high ideals.
10.Authorities of theFoundation: (1) TheFoundation shall consist of the following authorities namely;–
(a) The Governing Body;
(b)the Academic Committee; and
(c) the Finance Committee;
(2) In the discharge offunctions and exercise of powers under this Act, the authorities referred to insub–section (1) shall be guided by the objects specified in section 9.
11.The Governing Board: The Governing Board shallconsists of;—
(a) a Chairperson, who shall bea person to high eminence in public life, to be appointed by the CentralGovernment;
(b) not more than twelvemembers to be nominated by the Central Government from amongst persons who –
(i) have rendered valuableservice to Kalakshetra;
(ii) have been connected with,or have knowledge of art, culture, folk arts and crafts;
(iii) are eminent artistes; and
(iv) are patrons of art andculture;
(c) two persons, possessing oneor more of the qualifications referred to in sub–clauses(i) to (iv) ofclause (b) to be nominated by the State Government;
(d) two officers of the CentralGovernment, not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary, to be nominated by thatGovernment, to represent the Ministry of the Central Government dealing withculture ex officio;
(e) one officer of the StateGovernment, not below the rank of Joint Secretary, to be nominated by thatgovernment to represent the Department of Education of that Government, exofficio; and
(f) the Director, ex officio
12.Term of office of Members: (1) The term of office of the Membersshall be five years from the date of constitution of the Governing Board.
(2) If a casual vacancy occursin the office of a Member nominated under clause (b) or clause (c) of section11, whether the reason of his death, resignation, or inability to discharge hisfunctions owing to illness or other incapacity, such vacancy shall be filled bymaking fresh nominations and the Member so nominated, shall hold office for theremainder of the term of office of the Member in whose place he is so nominated.
(3) An outgoing Member shall beeligible for re–nomination.
(4) A member may resign hisoffice by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government but shallcontinue in office until his resignation is accepted by that Government.
(5) The Members nominated underclauses(b) and (c) of section 11, shall be entitled to such allowances as maybe prescribed.
13.Meetings of Governing Board:(1) The Governing Board shallmeet at least twice in a Year at Madrasat such time as may be fixed by the Chairperson of the Governing Board.
(2) All decisions at themeeting of the Governing Board shall be taken by majority of the Memberspresent and voting;
Provided that in the case ofequality of votes the Chairperson of the Governing Board shall have a castingvote.
(3) The Governing Board shallobserve such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business at itsmeetings (including the quorum at its meetings as may be specified byregulations.
(4) No act or proceeding of theGoverning Board shall be invalid merely by reason of;—
(a) any vacancy in, or anydefect in the constitution, of the Governing Board; or
(b) any defect in thenomination of a person acting as a Member of the Governing Board; or
(c) any irregularity in theprocedure of the Governing Board not affecting the merits of the case.
14.Governing Board to be thesupreme authority of Foundation: (1) The Governing Board shall be the supreme authority of theFoundation and the general superintendence, direction, and management of theaffairs of the Foundation shall vest in the Governing Board.
(2) The Governing Board shallexercises such powers and discharge such functions as may be prescribed.
15.Academic Committee: (1) The Academic Committeesshall consists of ;—
(a) The Director;
(b) the Heads of theconstituent units;
(c) three distinguished personsin the field of art and culture including dance, music, folk arts and crafts,to be nominated by the Central Government; and
(d) one person to be nominatedby the State Government, representing the Department of Education of thatGovernment.
(2) The tenure of office andother terms and conditions of the members of the Academic Committee shall besuch as may be specified by regulations;
(3) The Academic Committeeshall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business atits meetings (including the quorum at the meetings) as may be specified byregulations.
16.Powers and functions ofAcademic Committee: The Academic Committee shall be responsible for the maintenance ofstandard of education, training and examination conducted by the constituentunits and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions asmay be assigned to it, from time to time by the Governing Board.
17.Finance Committee:(1) The Finance Committee shallconsists of ;—
(a) The Financial Advisor tothe Government of India or his nominee in the Ministry of the CentralGovernment dealing with culture;
(b) an officer of the CentralGovernment, not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary, to be nominated by thatGovernment.
(c) an officer of the StateGovernment not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary, to be nominated by thatGovernment, representing the Department of Finance of that Government ; and
(d) the Director
(2) The Finance Committee shallobserve such procedure in regard to the transaction of the business at itsmeetings as may be specified by regulations.
18.powers and functions ofFinance Committee: The finance Committees shall;—
(i) scrutinise the annualstatement of accounts and budget estimates of the Foundation prepared by theDirector and make recommendations to the Governing Board;
(ii) prescribe the limits ofthe recurring and non–recurring expenditure of the Foundation for eachfinancial year;
(iii) review the financialposition of the Foundation from time to time and have an internal auditconducted and
(iv) perform such otherfunctions as may be prescribed.
19.Appointment and duties ofDirector: (1) The Central Governmentshall by notification, appoint a Director who shall be the principal executiveofficer of the Foundation and who shall be responsible for the properadministration of the affairs of the Foundation and its day –to –day management and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other dutiesas may be assigned to him by the Governing Board.
(2) The Director shall preparethe annual statement of accounts and budget estimates of the Foundation forscrutiny by the Finance Committee.
(3) The Director shall be awhole time employee of the Foundation and shall be entitled to such salary andallowance out of the Fund and shall be subject to such conditions, of servicein respect of leave pension, provident funds and other matters, as may beprescribed.
20.Transfer of service ofexisting employees: On and from the appointed, day, every officer or other employee,employed immediately before the appointed day in connection with the affairs ofKalakshetra shall become an officer or other employee of the Foundation andshall hold office by the same tenure and remuneration and on the same terms andconditions as to pension, gratuity and other matters, as he would have heldunder the Board of Trustees or any other body, in whatever capacity, if thisAct, had not been passed and shall continue to do so unless and until hisemployment in the Foundation is terminated or until his tenure, remunerationand other terms and conditions are duly altered by the Foundation
Provided that the tenure,remuneration and other terms and conditions of service of any other suchofficer or employee shall not be altered to his disadvantage without theprevious approval of the Central Government.
FINANCE, ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
21.Grants by Central Governmentto the Foundation: For the purpose of enabling the foundation to discharge itsfunctions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after dueappropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Foundationin each financial year, such sums of money, on such terms and conditions as thatGovernment may determine, by way of grant loan or otherwise.
22.Fund of the Foundation: (1) The Foundation shall haveits own fund; and all sums which may, from time to time, be paid to it by theCentral Government and all receipts of the Foundation (including any sum whichthe State Government or any other authority or person may pay to theFoundation) shall be credited to the Fund and all payments by the Foundationshall be made therefrom.
(2) All moneys belonging to theFund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as may,subject to the approval of the Central Government, be decided by the GoverningBoard.
(3) The Foundation may spendsuch sums as it may think fit for performing its functions under this Act, andsuch sums shall be treated as expenditure payable out of the Fund of theFoundation.
23.Budget: The Foundation shall prepare,in such form and at such time each year, as may be prescribed, the budget inrespect of the financial year, next ensuring showing the estimated receipts andexpenditure, and copies thereof shall be forwarded to the Central Government.
24.Accounts and audit of theFoundation:(1) TheFoundation shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records andprepare an annual statement of accounts including the balance sheet in suchform as may be approved by the Comptroller and Auditor–General of India.
(2) The accounts of theFoundation shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor–General ofIndia and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shallbe payable by the Foundation to the Comptroller and Auditor–General ofIndia.
(3) The Comptroller and Audit–Generalof India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of theaccounts of the Foundation shall have the same rights, privileges and authorityin connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor–General ofIndia has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts, and inparticular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts,connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the office ofthe Foundation.
(4) The accounts of theFoundation as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor–General of Indiaor any person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit reportthereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that theGovernment shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament
25.Duty of furnish returns,annual reports, etc: (1) The Foundation shall furnish to the Central Government atsuch time and in such form and in such manner, as may be prescribed, or as theCentral Government may direct, such returns and statements and such particularsin regard to any proposed or existing programme for the promotion and developmentof the objects of the foundation,as the central Government, may, from time totime,direct.
(2) Without prejudice to theprovisions of sub–section (1), the Foundation shall as soon as possibleafter the end of each financial year, submit to the Central Government anannual report in such form and before such date as may be prescribed, giving atrue and full account of its activities and programmes during the previousyear.
(3) A copy of the reportreceived under sub–section (2) shall be laid, as soon as may be, afterit is received, before each House of parliament.
26.Prior approval of theCentral Government for alienation of property: The Foundation shall not, except with the previousapproval of the Central government, sell or otherwise dispose of any propertyvested in the Foundation.
27.Power of Central Governmentto give directions to the Foundation:(1) The Central Government may, if it satisfied thatit is necessary so to do in the Public interest, issue for reasons to berecorded and communicated to the Foundation, such directions as it thinks fit.
(2) Without prejudice to thegenerality of the foregoing powers, such directions may include directionsrequiring the Foundation; –
(a) to make or amend anyregulation within such period as may be specified in the direction ; and
(b) to give priority to thework undertaken or to be undertaken by the Foundation in such manner as theCentral Government may think fit to specify in this behalf.
(3) Any direction issued underthis section shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any lawfor the time being in force or in the memorandum or regulations of theKalakshetra Society.
28.Dissolution of theFoundation:(1) TheCentral Government may, by notifications, and for the reasons to be specifiedtherein, dissolve, the foundation from such date and for such period as may bespecified in the notification;
Provided that before issuingany such notification, the Central Government shall give a reasonableopportunity to the Foundation to make representations against the proposeddissolution.
(2) When the Foundation isdissolved under sub–section (1); –
(a) all members of theGoverning Board, Academic Committees and the Finance Committee, notwithstandingthat the terms of their office had not expired, shall from the date ofdissolution, vacate their office as such members;
(b) all powers and duties ofthe Governing Board, Academic Committee and the Finance Committee shall duringthe period of dissolution, be exercised and performed by such person or personsas the Central Government may appoint in this behalf;
(c) all properties and assetsvested in the Foundation shall, during the period of dissolution, vest in theCentral Government; and
(d) as soon as the period ofdissolution expires, the Foundation shall be reconstituted in accordance withthe provisions of this Act.
29.Protection of action takenin good faith: No suit,prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Governmentor any officer of that Government or the Foundation or Member or Director orany officer of the Foundation for anything which is in good faith done orintended to be done under this Act.
30.Indemnity:Every member of the GoverningBoard, Academic Committee and the Finance Committee and the Director of theFoundation shall be indemnified by the Foundation against all losses andexpenses incurred by them in relation to the discharge of their duties, exceptsuch as are caused by their wilful act or default.
31.Power to make rules:(1) The Central Government may,by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In Particular, and withoutprejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide forall or any of the following matters, namely; –
(a) the allowance to theMembers under sub–section (5) of section 12;
(b) the power which theGoverning Board shall exercise and the functions which it shall, dischargeunder sub–section (2) of section 14;
(c) Functions to be performed bythe Finance Committee, under clause (iv) of section 18;
(d) the salary, and allowancesand other terms and conditions of service of the Director under sub–section(3) of section 19;
(e) the form and the manner inwhich and the time at which the returns, statements and the annual report shallbe prepared under section 25;
(f) the form and the manner inwhich,and the time at which, the returns, statements and the annual reportshall be prepared under section 25;
(g) any other matter which hasto be or may be, prescribed.
32.Power to make regulations: (1) The Foundation may makeregulation, not inconsistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder, forenabling it to discharge its functions under this Act.
(2) Without Prejudice to thegenerality of the Foregoing power, such regulations may provide for all or anyof the following matters, namely; –
(a) the management of theproperties and funds, affairs and works of the Foundation.
(b) The procedure in regard totransaction of business of the Governing Board and Academic Committees(Including quorum at their meetings) and the transaction of business of theFinance Committee under sub–section (3) of section 13, of section 15 andsub–section (2) of Section 17;
(c) creation or abolition ofposts and the procedure for appointment of the professional, administrative andministerial staff;
(d) the tenure of office andother terms and conditions of the members of the Academic Committee under sub–section(2) of section 15; and
(e) the maintenance of accounts,registers and other records of the Foundation.
(3) No regulation made by theFoundation shall have effect until it has been approved by the CentralGovernment and published in the Official Gazette, and the Central Government inapproving the regulation, may make charge therein which appear to it benecessary.
33.Rules and regulations to belaid before Parliament: Every rule and every regulation made under this Act, shall belaid, as soon as may be after it made, before each House of Parliament, whileit is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised inone session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry ofthe session immediately following the session or the successive sessionsaforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule ofregulation, or both Houses agree that the rule or regulation, should not bemade the rule or regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modifiedform or be of no effect, as the case may be; so however, that any suchmodifications or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity ofanything previously done under that rules or regulation.
34.Power to removedifficulties: (1) Ifany difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, theCentral Government may, by order, not inconsistent with the provisions of thisAct, remove the difficulty.
Provided that no such ordershall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the Commencementof this Act.
(2) Every order made under thissection shall be laid as soon as may be after it is made, before each House ofParliament.
35.Repeal and saving: (1) the Kalakshetra FoundationOrdinance, 1993(Ord.31 of 1993) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding suchrepeal, anything done or any action taken under the Ordinance so repealed,shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisionsof this Act.
THE FIRST SCHEDULE
[Seeclause (d) of section 3]
1.Kalakshetra College of FineArts.
2.Craft Education and ResearchCentre consisting of –
(i) a Weaving Department and
(ii) a Kalamkari unit
3.Besant Arundale TheosophicalSenior Secondary School.
4.Besant Theosophical HighSchool
5.Besant Cultural CentreHostel.
THE SECOND SCHEDULE
Sl. Docu Date Village Taluk District Survey Paimash No. Extent
No. ment No.
1 1541 16-8-49 Thiruvan Saidapet Chinglepet 1225/A 0-3-8
miyur. — 1228 1-8-4
2 1542 16-8-49 Do. Do Do — 1227/E 0-9-0 Cawnies
3 1545 16-8-49 Do Do Do — 0-3-12
4 708 12-5-54 Do Do Do — 1219 0-3-12
(onrectification of Sl.No.3)
5 1544 16-8-49 Do Do Do — 947-C 0-11-0
6 1605 25-8-49 Do Do Do — 1228B 0-6-10 Cawnies
1226C/1 0-55 cents
7 1960 13-10-49 Do Do Do — 1227/D 0-3-12 Cawnies
8 1984 15-10-49 Do Do Do — 1227/F 0-5-8 Cawnies
9 1324 26-11-49 Do Do Do O.S Ground
No. Street, 528 Royapuram
10 1324 26-11-49 Do Do Do — 1229/C 0-10-0 Cawnies
-1acre 14 cents
11 2752 11-12-50 Do Do Do — 1219A-3 0-3-12 Cawnies
12 2759 21-12-50 Do Do Do — 1219 0-3-12Cawnies
13 1865 2-9-52 Thiruva Saidap Chinglepet 1228 0-3-8
miyur. t 1-8-4
-1acre 98 cents
14 621 27-3-59 Do. Do Do — 973-B 0-7-0
15 769 12-5-54 Do Do Do — 1219
1224 50 Cents
16 2068 24-8-56 Do Do Do — 979-C 1-11-14
17 2151 3-9-56 Do Do Do — 974/A 2-0-0
-2acres 66 cents
18 163 April,
1960 Do Do Do 158/1 882-B
170/1 964 Part 21acres 6 cents
19 291 6-2-63 Do. Do Do 166/2 957-B 22acres
20. 64 22-3-63 Do. Do Do 161/2 857 27acres
21. 1481 April, Do Do Do 178/3 1212 4grounds
1968 (Part) 1214 1988sq.ft.
22 1482 April Do Do Do 178/3 Do 8grounds
1968 178/8 1988 Sq.ft.
Sl. Docu Date Village Taluk District Survey Paimash No. Extent
No. ment No.
1 448 1881 Thiruvanm Saidapet Chinglepet — 977,1212, 15-7-4 Cawnies
2. 1224 1908 Do. Do Do — 968C 2-0-8Cawnies
3. 2382 1913 Do Do Do — 967,968C 2-0-8 Cawnies
4 2559 1913 Do Do Do — 967,968 2-0-8 Cawnies
5 4544 1919 Do Do Do — 532D,533, 3-7-8 Cawnies
6 2642 1920 Do. Do Do — 967,968, 4-1-0 Cawnies
7 1325 1927 Do Do Do — 533,534, 3-7-8 Cawnies
8 1966 1940 Do Do Do — 976A, 2-2-0 Cawnies
9 2056 1941 Do. Do Do — 984 0-4-6Cawnies
10 2194 1941 Do Do Do — 984 0-4-6Cawnies
11 532 1943 Do Do Do — 976A, 971B 2-2-0 Cawnies
12 1471 1943 Do Do Do — 976A, 971B 6-2-0 Cawnies
13 1380 1937 Do. Do Do — 191 1-4-0Cawnies
14 1381 1937 Do. Do Do — 191 1-4-0Cawnies
15 1032 1945 Do Do Do — 532,534, 3-7-8 Cawnies
16 1744 1929
(parentdocument of Item 15)
17 1134 1945 Do Do Do 984 0-4-6 Cawnies
— ,984 0-4-6Cawnies
18 21224 1945 Do. Do Do — 71B,976A 6-2 -0 Cawnies
19 1268 1945 Do Do Do — 970B 970D 2-8-0 Cawnies
20 1598 1945 Do Do Do — 967,968 4-1-0 Cawnies
21 1942 1945 Do Do Do — 1226A/112 0-5-15 Cawnies
22 1380 1937 Do. Do Do — 191 0-15-13Cawnies
23 1988 1945 Do. Do Do — 976B, 2-6-0 Cawnies
24 353 1947 Do Do Do 976A/1 3-0-0 Cawnies
25 2275 1947 Thiruva Saidapet Ching- O.S. 0-5-12
nmiyur lepet No. 0-15-6
270 0-012 1-4-01-4-0
270A 1-0-0 4-15
968A,968C 0-5-13 2-1
971B,976A, 0-5-9 2
79A 0-0-6 0
26 3776 1947 Do Do Do — 1214A,1217A, 3-9-6 Cawnies
1218A,1218B, 6-6-10 Cawnies
27 3777 1947 Do Do Do — 1212,1213, 6-6-10 Cawnies
1215, 3-9-6 Cawnies
28 Registration Do (O.S. House 1397Sq.ft.
Districtof No.6 No.
Madras 5, 2/500
1016 Street, P.T.Ms.
North Madras Do (O.S HouseNo.117,
Madras, No. Lingi Chetty
2506) St., G.T.
29. 1606 1950 Thiruvanmyur Saidapet Do — 1214,1217, 2-9-0 Cawnies
30. 909 1961 500 0-8-0 Cawnies
500 3 Grounds
All the buildings on the abovelands, institutions, and all the assets whatsoever including Bank Balances andcash of the Kalakshetra and Besant Centenary Trust / Hostel in the City of Madras.